Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Trash the Dress"


This "Trash the Dress" session has actually been almost six years in the making. While my friend Melissa and her son Carter were with me on Saturday, we decided that this would be a great opportunity to do a "Trash the Dress" session with my first wedding dress. The day before my husband and I were to be married in 2004 the cleaners managed to melt my wedding dress...obviously not what you want to happen the day before your wedding. What once was 100% silk was melted into what felt like denim material and the beads were all damaged. To make a long story short, I had to find another dress the day before the wedding (which wasn't easy, but I found one and it was a great wedding). For six years this dress has been sitting in my closet not doing anything, so before I got rid of it Melissa and I decided to give it a day in the sun and to do a "Trash the Dress" session. She made a beautiful model for me and we had so much fun, hope that you enjoy a few of my favorite photos....thanks Melissa!

No comments: